New toy on the way

Notifications
Clear all

New toy on the way  

Doctor_M
(@doctor_m)
Eminent Member

I've never been into the golf-ball cannon thing, but I saw this and I had to give it a try.  WWII replica mortar.  175 grains of BP will send a golf-ball 300 yards or more.  I can't wait to take this out to the WV undisclosed location put some golf-balls into orbit.  My guess is this will be a gateway drug, and before you know it I'll wind up with a black powder cannon.  Oh well... it's only money.  Will try and post a range report once I get my toy and they lift the travel restrictions.

Cheers.

Topic starter Posted : 06/05/2020 8:48 am
hollywoodball
(@hollywoodball)
Member Admin

OOOOOOOK I think I need one too.

Hollywood Ball

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 11:12 am
Steves1911
(@steves1911)
Eminent Member

Thats awesome I bet its a lot of fun.

"One day you may find me dead face first in a ditch...but by god ill be surrounded by a pile of brass!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 9:54 pm
Fatoldfool
(@fatoldfool)

Know you will be pleased. PP had a beer can mortar, and it was a blast! pun intended.  At the Va state Rendevous a bunch of years ago a couple members had a 4 inch field gun, and with permission of the Va DNR it was fired against a bluff about 300 yds away. It sure made a shower of shale puff out when it hit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 11:33 am
hollywoodball
(@hollywoodball)
Member Admin

Post up some video when this thing makes it in!

Hollywood Ball

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2020 3:31 pm
DaemonAssassin
(@daemonassassin)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @doctor_m

I've never been into the golf-ball cannon thing, but I saw this and I had to give it a try.  WWII replica mortar.  175 grains of BP will send a golf-ball 300 yards or more.  I can't wait to take this out to the WV undisclosed location put some golf-balls into orbit.  My guess is this will be a gateway drug, and before you know it I'll wind up with a black powder cannon.  Oh well... it's only money.  Will try and post a range report once I get my toy and they lift the travel restrictions.

Cheers.

Travel restrictions?  If you have residences in 2 different states, you are allowed to travel back and forth, with no issues.

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

I give no fawkes.

SOTAR FTW!
Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2020 5:41 pm
Robert Allen
(@robert-allen)
Eminent Member

Did you get it.

Robert Allen
West Virginia Ammo