Notifications
Clear all

Competition Shooting and current events.  

Tuggernuts
(@tuggernuts)

Unfortunately, a few local ranges have decided to cancel all matches for 2020. Thankfully, Western PA Section USPSA decided to start up a couple months ago. There seems to be slight downturn in attendance due to Covid and ammo shortages though.  I am hearing from a few folks that they planned on shooting some matches but are saving their ammo. I feel bad that some new shooters aren’t going to be able to try the sport but now isn’t a good time with the ammo situation. Luckily I reload, as do 95% of the others I compete with, but with the current atmosphere I’m concerned of the longevity of the sport. Now reloading components are getting hard to come by. I am not ashamed to say that I have been preparing for this and spent the last couple of years “buying cheap and stacking deep” but I’m far from having an unlimited supply of rounds. That being said, current orders for bullets are 3 to 5 weeks behind and primers are nearly unobtainable. I anticipate a huge decline in the amount of people participating in competitive shooting in the very near future. 

Topic starter Posted : 09/08/2020 7:27 pm
Rick Cressler
(@rick-cressler)

I hear what you’re saying. I’ve been out of the game for quite a few years now, but with the component shortage, I’ve begun to consider reopening another casting business.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2020 10:42 am
Krieger
(@krieger)

Shadowhawk located in Hedgesville Wv is holding USPSA and other matches .  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2020 12:35 am
Share: