Need an EDC Knife

Notifications
Clear all

Need an EDC Knife  

hollywoodball
(@hollywoodball)
Member Admin

So what are you all using for EDC?  I need a good EDC pocket knife.  Enlighten me, as I know nothing about quality knives.

Hollywood Ball

Topic starter Posted : 05/05/2020 4:26 pm
Steves1911
(@steves1911)
Eminent Member

I carry a cold steel recon everyday. I'm certainly no expert but the steel used makes a big difference in how well the blade holds a sharpness as well how easy it is to sharpen.  Benchmades website goes into detail on the different steels they use and their strengths and weaknesses. 

"One day you may find me dead face first in a ditch...but by god ill be surrounded by a pile of brass!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 9:09 pm
Sack
 Sack
(@sack)
Eminent Member

I carry a Benchmade Adamas. Its big, its heavy and its expensive but it gets the job done. Like Steves1911 said, it all about the quality of the blade. Just do your research on what kind of blade is good for what you will need it for and buy from there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 10:47 pm
DaemonAssassin
(@daemonassassin)
Estimable Member

I am partial to Kershaw Speed Assist folders for EDC.  Decently sized, decently priced, and quick to deploy.

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

I give no fawkes.

SOTAR FTW!
Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 6:13 am
Sack
 Sack
(@sack)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @daemonassassin

I am partial to Kershaw Speed Assist folders for EDC.  Decently sized, decently priced, and quick to deploy.

A lot of people love Kershaw's, but I have never liked the grips. Always feel like the are gonna slip out of my hand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 12:42 pm
DaemonAssassin
(@daemonassassin)
Estimable Member

@sack

It is all personal preference really.

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

I give no fawkes.

SOTAR FTW!
Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 6:54 pm
Share: